One major provider of dorms is Studierendenwerk Bonn. It is state-run, but does not belong to (also the state-run) University of Bonn. We suggest it as the first choice for international students.
- Overview of dorms run by Studierendenwerk (in English)
- Online Application for rooms in the dorms of Studierendenwerk (in English)
The monthly rate for a single room ranges from 250 to 400 euros per month (including additional costs).
Studierendenwerk also offers a very limited number of apartments with monthly rates ranging from 250-600 euros, depending on the size and location of the apartment.
The rents of the private dorms are usually a higher than in the state-run Studierendenwerk. They depend on the size and the location of the room. Private dorms are offered by religious denominations or by private agencies. Speaking German may be a plus.
Dorms offered by various denominations:
- Dietrich-Bonhoeffer Haus Bonn (offered by Lutheran church)
- Adolf-Clarenbach Haus (for students of all denominations)
- Katholische Hochschulgemeinde St. Remigius Haus (offered by the Roman-Catholic church)
Dorms offered by private agencies (notice: not all Websites are in English). Speaking German may be a plus:
- Dorm "Schänzchen"
- Studentenwohnheim Bonn
- House4students - Am Schwanenmorgen
- House4students -Theodor-Litt-Straße
- House4 students - Steinweg 32
- Quantiusstraße 30-34
Platform to find accommodation (e. g. shared apartment). Speaking German and being in Bonn is a huge plus, if you choose this option:
- Zimmer frei!