M.Sc. in Life Science Informatics
This section will introduce of to the application procedure. Moreover, the section FAQs for Applicants offers some in-depth information on selected topics mentioned below. It should help you in your preparation of the required application documents.
How to apply?
The application process involves several steps. In order to apply please proceed as follows:
Apply through our Online-Application at http://applications.bit.uni-bonn.de and uplod the following documents as PDF or JPG.
- Transcripts, also intermediate and preliminary transcripts
- Secondary school leaving certificate (with grades)
- TOEFL or IELTS test result (mandatory document)
- Entrance exam to university (only if applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE test (not mandatory but helpful for the application)
- Copy of your passport
- At least one Letter of Recommendation by a University Professor
- Minimum requirements for the English tests:
- TOEFL Test
TOEFL paper-based: 550
TOEFL computer-based: 213
iBT TOEFL:: 80
- TOEFL Test
- IELTS Test
6.0 in the overall band, and no single result below 6.0
It is possible and welcomed if the above-mentioned documents are merged into one PDF.
Additional information: FAQs for Applicants
Applications for the intake in October 2020 are welcome.
Important notes: Please fill in the electronic form of the online-application completely and upload all requested documents. You will receive all further information by e-mail, therefore a valid e-mail address is crucial.
The application deadline for the intake in October 2020 is 1st March 2020.
Deadline for application is March 1st, 2020 of the graduate programme starting on October 1 of the same year. Results of the evaluation of applications will be announced soon after the deadline. Applications are therefore welcome to reach us earlier than March 1st, 2020. B-IT has become part of the DAAD International Degree Programme . Applicants of Life Science Informatics can apply for funding there (cf. also Fundingbelow).
Once you have submitted your application, the review committee will meet after the deadline and decide on the applications that have reached us so far. If the committee requests further information about you, you will be contacted through e-mail and all further steps will also be explained through e-mail.
The following opportunities for funding are offered:
- DAAD stipend (application to DAAD)
- Erasmus-stipend for students from countries of the European Union participating in the Erasmus programme
- b-it work study programme, currently only awarded, based on performance after the first semester
Students of the Erasmus Program or students who would like to apply as future students within the Erasmus Program, please contact Dr. Alexandra Reitelmann via e-mail.
More Funding Options
Students who perform well in this programme will be very much sought after and will therefore be invited into the research groups participating in this programme or to other groups at the Universities of Bonn, RWTH Aachen, Fraunhofer or Max-Planck institutes.