M.Sc. in Media Informatics
What our alumni say
- I am currently doing my PhD and I have to say a lot of thanks to our B-IT, especially my master program Media Informatics. I could not only build the basis for my current research but I also had the opportunity to gain project experience and to improve my various soft skills including language, presentation, communication, and teamwork.
- In my opinion the program Media Informatics is quite unique in the sense that it combines the elements of theoretical knowledge with practical experience which I have rarely seen in other graduate programs. In my current job I regularly have to interact with people from different nationalities.and I would strongly recommend this program to anyone who wants to develop a specialization in media technology while building on his intercultural skills. (Till now we had students from 55 nations. Within one year group we regularly have students from more than 12 nations.)
- This program was a very good mix of theory and practice which is very helpful for both industrial job minded and research minded students.
- A lot of the courses from my master programme have come very handy at my work and the practical and research experiences gained e.g. at the Fraunhofer Institutes through my internships and thesis changed my way of thinking on solving research problems.
- After I received my master’s degree I started my PhD studies at B-IT. Within 9 months one article from me was accepted for publication by IEEE Computer Society and I received a best student paper award for another article from ICISIE.
- I would like to express my most sincere gratitude for all the support in the completion of my Master's studies. I really enjoyed staying in Germany and reserve very fond memories of the place, the people, and it's culture. The years I spent there have been a wonderful learning experience for me and I look forward to visiting the country in the future. (About 2/3 of our alumni stay in Germany, the others return to their home country or work in other countries of the EU or abroad.)
- I can attribute much of my professional success to sound foundations developed during my masters’ studies in Media Informatics. The distinguishing feature of this program is the amazing variety of available courses and labs. Media Informatics students have a unique opportunity to participate in courses from three leading institutions, with accompanying labs to consolidate their concepts via hands-on application. Last, but not the least, my thesis at Fraunhofer IAIS, gave me the chance to become actively involved in German research project VIOLA and EU research project PHOSPHOROUS, which was itself a great experience. My description would stay incomplete without a word about beautiful city of Bonn. The friendly atmosphere and scenic landscape of this city makes it a fascinating living place whose memories are still captivating for me.
- The programme was both challenging and fun. It gave me an opportunity to work with students from different countries and with varying perspectives. One of my favourite aspects were the labs where we went out into the field and obtained some hands-on experience while working with top researchers. I would recommend this programme to anyone!